How we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
Taking care of our employees, our communities, our customers, and our partners
In this uncertain time, our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, communities, customers, partners is stronger than ever. We are confident that we can come out of this stronger and more resilient than ever.
We are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, and its impact on our lives and businesses alike, with a “4 rings of responsibility” approach:
- Take care of self
- Take care of family
- Take care of community
- Take care of business
This approach is grounded in our values of FORTE: Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork, and Execution. With the 4 rings approach, we are reaffirming our commitment to these values both at work and in our interactions with our customers and partners, and in our everyday lives with our family and within our communities. Together we can #breakthechain.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are encouraged and inspired by the many people out on the frontlines putting the health and safety of their communities first and foremost. In order to ensure this, it’s important that utilities continue to function well, business systems continue to run without disruptions, and that freight railroads continue to run and supply critical goods across North America.
As a partner for our customers working in these industries, we play a role in ensuring this continuity. In order for this to happen, we have implemented the following responses, policies and benefits for COVID-19 that will put the safety of our employees first, followed by our community, customers, and partners.
How we are #takingcareofcommunity
In order to wear our 4 rings of responsibility and take care of our communities in India, CloudMoyo is joining forces with Icertis to provide the following community services. We are encouraged by the energy and strength of CloudMoyo employees to give back to our community.
• Contributing a fully-equipped ambulance and ventilators to Sahyadri Hospitals, which will help the Pune community and also CloudMoyo employees in times of emergency.
• Obtain oxygen ventilators for a few regional hospitals in the Pune area. Some of these will be directly available through mobile vans for CloudMoyo employees in and around Pune.
• Set up a free mobile vaccination facility in association with the Rotary Club and the Pune Municipal Corporation for the under-privileged for the next 6 months.
• Contribute 500 PPE kits for the Pune Police, in association with the Rotary Club.
• Provide 300 bedside tables and medicine racks to public hospitals that are managed by the Pune Municipal Corporation.
• Set up a CSR volunteer group where employees who are passionate for specific causes can come together, pool resources, and help the wider community.
• Create a COVID help desk to share connections with hospitals, plasma doners, and blood banks.
Here are the CloudMoyo COVID-19 response, policy guidance, and benefits, which we have shared with our customers:
CloudMoyo COVID-19 response and policy guidance
CloudMoyo is committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and community. We wanted to make available to you the guidance we have put in place with our employees, most recently on April 16, 2021. Given that this is a fluid situation, we are actively monitoring the news and recommendations of local health authorities. We will make changes to our guidelines over time and will continue to make this information available when there are material changes.
That being said, we remain committed as always to our customers and strive to continue supporting and working effectively and efficiently with you, our customers. We recognize that in order to achieve this at this present time may require creative working arrangements and new solutions. We are working with our internal teams to ensure enhanced customer engagement and support during this phase when everyone is working remotely. Please reach out to your CloudMoyo direct contacts to share your own company policies and discuss how we can most effectively continue to work together and ensure your success.
Summary of our current guidance and policies
- As a best practice, it is better to be overprepared than underprepared.
- We recommend that all employees work from home except where occasional travel to an office or client if necessary. Work with your manager on exceptions to working from home. Any employees who are deemed essential and required to work onsite (e.g. customer or partner) should continue to do so and respect/adhere to the customer and partner policies and guidelines.
- We are limiting business travel to only essential travel and have postponed all non-essential travel.
- Business travel to the Seattle and Bay Area has been postponed.
New COVID-19 related benefits for the CloudMoyo India team
- From: Manjiri Shinde, General Manager – HR & Operations
- To: All CloudMoyo India employees
- Date: April 2021
The pandemic situation in India has been changing dramatically. As the number of cases rise, it’s critical that we take the utmost care and abide by all safety protocols and government mandates. With this in mind, we have released new benefits for our employees in India.
Work from home:
The CloudMoyo India team will continue to work from home until further notice. We will provide 8 weeks of notice before we plan to move work to the office.
COVID-19 Task Force:
We have created an internal channel to assist employees with all COVID-related help required. the COVID-19 Task Force will ensure all possible support is extended to employees. Employees should reach out to this channel to obtain quick support.
We have completed a first dose vaccination drive for CloudMoyo employees who are age 45 years or older. We are now working on organizing a follow-up vaccination drive for the 2nd dose for this same population. We are working on preparing a broader vaccination drive for employees in other age groups.
At this point of time, the situation in India is dynamic. However, we will assist employees requiring hospital visits in collaboration with the hospitals we have partnered with. In all cases, hospitals have a ‘first come, first serve” policy.
Additional PTO has been allocated if employees or contractors contract COVID-19 and need time off to recuperate.
Both employees and contractors can reach out to us should they have any financial need for emergencies, and we will assist them. Employees should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any financial-related requests.
Detailed CloudMoyo guidance for employees
- From: Manish Kedia, CEO
- To: All CloudMoyo employees
- Date: April 2021
The COVID-19 situation globally. We will continue to provide updates as the situation changes and plan to continue the current practice through June 2021 at the earliest. We will remain agile and adjust/return to our offices when it is prudent and safe to do so.
Working from home
Considering this guidance, we are recommending that all employees in our Bellevue office who are in a job that can be done from home should do so until further notice. To enable collaboration, the Bellevue office space will be available to limited employees coming in for a few hours a day of a few days in a week. Employees will have to obtain prior authorization from local HR to access the office. The recommendation is not to spend more than 3-4 hours and no more than 6 employees at any given point in time. All social distancing, masking, and hygiene protocols must be followed. If employees have worked in the office recently and have developed symptoms, they should notify HR immediately to obtain necessary help.
In compliance with the latest government mandate, the CloudMoyo office in Pune will remain closed until further notice. They are to maintain their normal schedule of working hours, so that all teams remain well-coordinated and our customers are assured that we execute by focusing, following-up, and following-through.
For employees who are in an essential role, or need emergency access to the office should contact the local HR for guidance. Taking these measures will help ensure our employees’ safety and make the workplace safer for those that need to be at the office. We have instructed our employees to let their managers know that they will be working from home and will maintain their normal schedule of working hours, so that all our teams remain well coordinated.
If in a role, it is essential for an employee to be in the office or other work environments (e.g. customer or partner sites), they must plan to continue coming to the office or the customer location. We will be sure to respect and adhere to all customer and partner policies and guidelines. If they are not sure if they are in a role that requires them to be onsite, an employee must speak with their manager.
However, guidance has been provided by global and local health authorities for the following groups to avoid public settings which would include any of our office and/or customer and partner locations. If an employee falls into any of these categories, they must let their manager know they will be working from home. If their role requires them to be onsite to do their job, they must work with their manager to determine what leave options or other accommodations are available.
- If they are over 60
- If they have an underlying health condition (heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
- If their immune system is comprised
- If they are pregnant
Most important, employees are advised not to come to work if they are sick. We have clearly posted this guidance on all building entrances.
Global and domestic travel guidance
All but essential business travel should be postponed.
- Essential travel is defined as work related to operations, sales, and customer services, including professional services.
- Employees should discuss whether travel is essential with their manager if in doubt.
- All non-essential travel should be postponed (inter-office meetings).
- Business travel to the following countries remains banned, including layovers when traveling elsewhere: China, Iran, Japan, Italy, and South Korea.
- Business travel to the Seattle and Bay Area should be postponed – employees should consult their manger if they believe there is a compelling need to visit these locations.
- If travelling to a customer or partner site, employees should observe their requirements in addition to ours if the customer provides or requires them; however, if they have requirements that go beyond our guidance or if the employee has any concerns, they must discuss them with their manager.
- If an employee is currently traveling for work, they should consult with their manager for guidance.
- If an employee is in an at-risk category (see above), then they are advised not to travel for business.
- Employees should not travel for business if they are not comfortable doing so at this time.
- If an employee is returning from their home location from the Seattle or Bay Area, they should self-quarantine and work from home for 14 days.
- Note: No employee will be required to travel if they have concerns over doing so.
In the U.S., candidate interviews will be converted to video calls until further notice. We appreciate your patience for the next few days as we make that transition. In our Pune office, interviews will continue to be onsite and we will prescreen candidates on their recent travels before their in-person interview is scheduled.
For planned, third-party events like speaking engagements, conferences, tradeshows, etc., if the event is still going forward, we will participate. However, we will not be hosting or attending any events in the Seattle and Bay Area. For CloudMoyo corporate events outside of Seattle and the Bay Area, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and adjust our plans accordingly.
Again, this is a fluid situation; in addition to email updates such as these, employees will find updated information on our All CloudMoyo Employees Team Site – Corona Virus update – US and India.
Thank you for your support. We will continue to monitor health authority guidance and will adjust our guidance as necessary.
What to do if you’re feeling symptoms or believe you’ve been exposed
In King County, if you believe you were exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19, contact the novel coronavirus call center: 206-477-3977 or your health care provider. For other locations, please contact your local health department hotline.
If you believe you may have symptoms, please contact your health care provider immediately.
Note for all employees: If you are receiving testing or have a confirmed diagnosis of COVD-19, please confidentially inform HR (HR USA and HR India) – we will assist in information your manager and taking measures that protect others.
As a reminder, here are precautionary measures from the WHO:
- Frequently clean your hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you are sick (e.g. flu, cold), do not come to work.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbows or tissue. Throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid close contacts with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness.
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make adjustments as necessary. The health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we work in remains a core FORTE value, and this experience heightens our commitment to following safe work and health practices. Given the evolving reach of the virus, we will continue to stay vigilant and encourage all CloudMoyo employees to follow the recommend best practices governing office attendance, meetings, hygiene, and social distancing to reduce risk factors. We will continue to access the situation and update you as our recommendations change.
Stay healthy and safe!
Please note that there is a lot of misinformation regarding COVID-19 out there. Please review reputable sources such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) on prevention and changing details regarding the coronavirus.