Data holds the utmost power to transform the business landscape. It helps discover business insights and helps decision-making. An enterprise system generates a huge chunk of data, which is certainly not a piece of cake to manage. New type of data comes with high volume, variety and velocity, popularly known as big data. Hence, the technology of modern or cloud data warehouse has the ability to transform businesses with its analytical approach.
Read on 15 reasons why you should choose a cloud data warehousing system over a traditional data warehouse technology:
- A cloud-based data warehousing system helps in incorporating data sources in data analysis by launching the project with faster approach
- A cloud data warehouse places high tag on security of the business data
- It is highly economical. With a cloud data warehouse, you get to pay for what you use and can vary the desired configuration and performance levels
- The procurement and deployment cycles are relatively quicker than that of the on-premise data warehousing system
- Cloud Data Warehouse makes data available at every step of modification-supporting data exploration, business intelligence and reporting
- Allows enterprises to shift their focus from systems management to actual analysis of data.
- Operates painlessly at any scale and makes it possible to combine diverse data, both structured and semi-structured
- Data insights can be always up to date and directly accessible to everyone who needs them
- There is no limitation on the number of users. A cloud data warehouse allows users of any number to use same amount of data with query performance degradation
- It removes the dependency on IT and democratizes access to enterprise data
- It can be used by individual departments like marketing, finance, development, and sales at organizations of all types and size
- It serves next generation requisites for an ideal data warehouse by centralizing different types of data sources into single point storage in real time
- Almost negligible time is spent tuning and re-architecting queries to address performance deficiencies
- A cloud data warehouse boasts of ultimate features like indexing and cataloging. It is designed in a way that data can be indexed, cataloged and tagged with metadata in real-time
- A Cloud data warehouse can also track who has used a particular data, in which format it is extracted and how has the user used it.
Still confused? Need more information on what cloud data warehouse is all about? Read our white paper to learn more about Microsoft Azure Data Warehousing system, how it benefits the business users and how it helps in transforming the business landscape.